Friday, March 14, 2008

Par 3 Contest To Be Televised


The par 3 contest is to be aired on tv this year for the first time ever. There has been some talk about this decision by the Masters powers that be. Some say that it is taking away form the tradition of showing too much and not keeping some things sacred to the ones that can make the trip. Well not all of us can go to the Masters and spend the week taking in all of the glory that he holds. I personally think that it is great. The more of Augusta I can see the better. Before all we got to see was the one or two clips of great shots on hole in ones that were aired briefly on the first days coverage. It is such a great tradition with most of the pros getting there children or friends to caddy for them. It is great seeing those kids carry small bags and wearing the traditional white jumpsuit. There is also talk that Arnie is going to play this year. I hope the big three play this year, Jack, Arnie and Gary. Gary Player will be in the Masters again and I hope he can make a great showing.
On a personal note I will be playing this weekend and I will let you know how it goes. Havent played much this off season, but I think I still have something leftover from last year. I will let you know.

No comments: