Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Is He The Last True Amateur Ever?


Im talking about Trip Kuehne. The man who has been dubbed the last true amateur golfer. Trip is a member of the all too famous Kuehne golf family. Trip has finally done it and he won the US Mid-Am last year. This is his first USGA trophy and he can put it in the case with his sister Kelli's US Womens Am and brother Hank's US Am. The family trifecta is complete and at age 35 he will play in his last competitive tournament, The Masters. After that week he will be retired once and for all from golf the same way he started as an amateur. My hat goes off to Trip for respecting the game for so long and going out as a winner. Maybe Colt Knost should give Trip a call and ask what respecting the game truly means.

An update on my own game is due. I am scrambling left and right to make a decent score. I really need some work to get the cobwebs off. I am just not flexible right now and everything hurts. Maybe Im just getting old and can't recoup as good as I used to. I dont know, I am going to try and stretch more and work on my tempo. I will keep you informed on the progress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

anthonyk said...

Wow awesome post !!!! If you need a course list for Arizona golf courses then here's one for you:

http://www.arizonaputtinggreen.com/arizona-golfcourse.html

Anonymous said...

Does he use TaylorMade Golf Clubs?