Friday, February 29, 2008

Could Golf Be The Best Therapy!

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.”
Arnold Palmer


I have been blogging recently on everyday news and info. Today I am not going to bore you with that stuff, instead I will bore you with some personal insights on golf. I believe that golf could be the next Prozac or Zoloft.
I have been in a quandry all winter from personal and economic woes, and this past weekend I got a chance to play a full round in about two months. It sucks looking at your golf clubs all winter and not being able to use those fine instruments that you work hard to purchase. That can be brutally depressing by itself without lifes stresses. I just recently obtained a bunch of free rounds from my work as a "perk" or "benefit" if you will. This is such a great thing for me as it would be for anyone. Golf has gotten so expensive that it is hard to justify the cost. My stress level has been pretty high lately bordering on defcon 4. But no drugs, vacation, quiet time or ulcers for me. Golf my friends, golf, that is all I need. This past weekend was awesome and I played very well considering no rounds in two months. I dont know if any of you can understand where I am coming from when it comes to the peace I get from golf. I know peace when I have a golf club in my hand. There is no better drug than the smell of fresh cut grass, the first tee shot, the first putt for birdie or the chance to play with some old friends or new ones. I may be crazy, but golf will keep me sane. The game of golf is something that I respect and have since I was a kid playing in junior tournaments. As a kid even though I respected the game I also took it for granted sometimes. I am older now and I have learned to enjoy the game in many different ways. Golf is something different to everyone, but for me it is my escape and my time to forget about the stresses that life throws at you. The next time you feel stressed or a little blue pick up a golf club and let it take you away to the places it takes me. You never know where you may end up.

No comments: