Saturday, February 16, 2008

Boring.....Is It April Yet? The Masters Is Coming!



I dont know about anyone else but I haven't gotten into any tournaments this year. I can remember a time when I would sit in front of the t.v. and watch golf all weekend. There just isnt any exciting players out there like the old days. I miss the people I grew up watching and admiring. I miss Fred Couples, Greg Norman, Payne Stewart, and the early 90's in general. I get excited only from the majors and the larger tournaments. I want to see the best play and make it competitive. I want excitement and people that play for the love of the game and not for sponsors and the money. That is one reason I follow the mini-tours and aspiring pros and amateurs. They are playing this game for one reason only and that is to play a game they love and make it to the "show". I write about a few of those guys and gals and I admire them for having the drive and desire that we all want and that the "elite" players seem to have forgotten.
I am counting down the days until April 10 when we all dream of the drive down Magnolia Lane at Augusta National and the first sound of "FORE PLEASE" from the starter on Thursday.
56 days and counting!!!

No comments: