Monday, February 05, 2007

Better weather this week!

The weather turned around for a few days. I got out and tried to stay fluid and not get rusty. That tends to be a bad habit for me. I have to stay active with my swing so that I can maintain good tempo. I played three rounds this weekend. I was pretty confident with most parts of my game. I did dislike one thing, and that was that I had zero birdies all weekend. Not good. Hard to go low without a few birdies. I had many chances, but they were not close chances. Need to be dialing in my irons a little better. I think I am going to start being a little more aggresive. Yeah, thats it more aggresive.
Only 48 more days until the start of my attempt to qualify for the US Amateur. I will begin that quest with a few North Carolina amateur events and then on March 24 I will be playing on the Golf Channel Amateur Tour. The first event is at Chapel Ridge in Pittsboro,NC. I will be playing in the Palmer division 0-3.9 handicap. This tour is a great idea, anyone that has a handicap can play. Any 0-40 handicaps can play with their level of competition because it is flighted in divisions. Check it out at thegolfchannel.com. There are tours all over the country.
I will leave you with another nice pic!!




Anna Rawson
may be my new favorite. She could make me write bad checks!

No comments: